Formulated for hard working and active dogs. Also excellent for overly-lean dogs and pregnant and nursing females.
- The unique combination of modest protein and high fat from premium, all-natural ingredients helps working dogs, including pregnant and nursing females, obtain the nutrition needed to keep up with the physical and mental demands placed on them.
- The diet’s high caloric content and nutritionally dense kibbles, help overly-lean dogs maintain or gain weight while eating less food.
- Balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, including EPA, DHA, and linoleic acid, nurtures healthy skin and promotes a vibrant coat.
- Natural antioxidants support a strong immune system.
- Best Breed pays a premium to source meats and fats that are highly nutritious and easy to digest.
- Fiber from beet pulp, a moderately fermentable source of soluble and insoluble fiber, helps keep the digestive system active and healthy – even under the most stressful circumstances.
- Glucosamine and the Green- Lipped Sea Mussel (perna-canaliculus) naturally support proper joint and connective tissue health. The Green-Lipped Sea Mussel is also rich in amino acids, chelated minerals, and fatty acids.
- Healthful grains help sustain energy levels.
- To help ensure your dog’s nutritional safety, Best Breed pays a premium for EU-approved natural ingredients. Further, Best Breed only uses ethoxyquin-free sources of fish and chicken raised without antibiotics and added hormones.
- Best Breed Working Dog Diet is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance. This formula will benefit all sizes of adult dogs.
A Note from Dr. Gary
Dear Working Dog Enthusiast,
The creation of the Best Breed Working Dog Diet was a very special milestone for our company because it was collaboratively developed with some of the world’s most well-known trainers of Schutzhund and Police Dogs. Field-tested for its ability to keep up with both the physical and mental demands placed on working dogs, the Best Breed Working Dog Diet has been touted as “one of kind” and “the only food to feed your working or highly-active dog.”
The Working Dog Diet was developed based on three requests I continually received from the community of dog owners: (i) each ingredient must be accretive to the overall nutritional value of the diet, meaning only the highest-quality ingredients (no by-products, glutens (e.g., corn gluten), and cheap fillers), (ii) it must contain a high level of fat for readily-available energy, and (iii) it should have modest amounts protein.
Best Breed’s Working Diet only uses a premium chicken fat and highly-digestible sources of protein from chicken and eggs to provide the building blocks required for lean muscle development and optimal energy levels. The formula has also been fortified with the Green-Lipped Sea Mussel, a natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin and a requisite in promoting healthy joint functions and helping prevent injuries and soreness. As working and active dogs are often susceptible to excess stress, the diet contains ample amounts of fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C and vitamin E, to help maintain a more sound immune system.
Like all of Best Breed’s diets, the Working Dog Diet was developed with the “common sense” idea that a healthy dog begins with a truly super premium food, made with only the highest-quality ingredients. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions regarding Best Breed’s Working Dog Diet.
Disclaimer: All material on this website is for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instructions. You should always consult your veterinarian for all health issues pertaining to your pet.
Available Product Sizes:
4lbs, 15lbs, 30lbs, 60lbs (4 – 15lbs), 60lbs (2 – 30lbs) and 180lbs (6 – 30lbs)
|Body Weight (lbs.)||Cups per Day**|
|Up to 10||1/4 to 1/2|
|11 – 23||1/2 to 1|
|24 – 36||1 to 1 1/2|
|37 – 49||1 1/2 to 2|
|50 – 62||2 to 2 1/2|
|63 – 75||2 1/2 to 3|
|76 – 89||3 to 3 1/2|
|90 or more||3 1/2 cups plus 1/2 cup for every 10lbs. over 90|
** 1 cup equals approximately 133 grams of food.
Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat [Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)], Rice Flour, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Dried Beet Pulp, Egg Product, Catfish Meal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Flax Seed, Natural Flavor, New Zealand Sea Mussel, Lecithin, Kelp Meal, Sea Salt, Menhaden Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, DL Methionine, L-Lysine, Glucosamine, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
|Crude Protein (Minimum)||24.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum)||22.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum)||3.5%|
Contains 587 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 4.7 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.