WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE
A pomeranian’s ear has fallen off after the owner dyed them neon pink. The poor little dog, Diffy and his owner is from Hua Hin, eastern of Thailand. On Feb 6th, the owner took poor Diffy to a grooming salon and requested Diffy’s ears to be dyed. However the 40 minutes foil wrap process caused the poor pup to suffer severe allergic reaction and eventually losing an ear.
“It started as typical allergy symptoms like itchiness, burns to the skin, flakiness. But when the scabs from the wound fell off, her ear fell of as well,” the owner said.
This allergic reaction is believed to have originated from chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide and bleach found in the dye.
According to Coconuts Bangkok, veterinarians from Rama 8 Pet Hospital said that the chemicals from the dye could have burned the ear off.
Hopefully no one else will dye their fur babies and put them in danger without thinking the consequences.